ACM International Conference on Multimedia Retrieval
Newark, NJ, USA, June 27-30, 2022
News and Updates
- 2022/06/30: The best paper awards and outstanding reviewer recognitions for ICMR 2022 have been posted here! Congratulations everybody!
- 2022/06/24: We will have a trivia quiz during the sessions (also online!), and you can win prizes! Looking forward to your participation!
- 2022/06/14: The presentation guidelines have been posted. See here for further details.
- 2022/05/23: The conference program is now available. See here for further details.
- 2022/05/01: Registration is now available. See here for further details. Early bird registration deadline is May 31st, 2022!
- 2022/04/12: The camera ready guidelines have been sent out to authors. See here for further details.
- 2022/04/07: The list of accepted paper IDs has been posted here. Congratulations! Camera Ready submission details will be available soon.
- 2022/04/01: The author notification has been moved to April 6, 2022 AOE.
- 2022/01/14: The regular paper and special session paper deadlines have been extended to January 30, 2022.
- 2022/01/06: We are happy to announce four accepted workshop proposals for ICMR 2022. See here for details on each workshop. The deadline for workshop papers is February 17, 2022.
- 2021/12/27: We are happy to announce three accepted special sessions for ICMR 2022. See here for details on each special session. The special session paper deadline is January 20, 2022, same as regular papers.
- 2021/12/24: Our paper submission system is now open! Regular and short paper deadline coming up January 20, 2022!
- 2021/11/16: The 2022 ACM ICMR website is online.
Welcome to the home page for ACM ICMR 2022!
Effectively and efficiently retrieving information based on user needs is one of the most exciting areas in multimedia research. The Annual ACM International Conference on Multimedia Retrieval (ICMR) offers a great opportunity for exchanging leading-edge multimedia retrieval ideas among researchers, practitioners and other potential users of multimedia retrieval systems.
This annual conference, which puts together the long-lasting experiences of the former ACM CIVR (International Conference on Image and Video Retrieval) and ACM MIR (International Conference on Multimedia Information Retrieval) series, was set up in 2011 to illuminate the state of the arts in multimedia (e.g., text, image, video, audio, sensor data, 3D) retrieval. Following the successful previous editions of ICMR (see the complete ICMR history here): Trento, Italy 2011; Hong Kong, China 2012; Dallas, USA 2013; Glasgow, UK 2014; Shanghai, China 2015; New York, USA 2016; Bucharest, Romania 2017; Yokohama, Japan 2018; Ottawa, Canada 2019; Dublin, Ireland 2020 and Taipei, Taiwan 2021.
ACM ICMR 2022 is calling for papers presenting significant and innovative research in multimedia retrieval and related fields. Papers should extend the state of the art by addressing new problems or proposing insightful solutions. The scope of the conference includes core topics in multimedia retrieval and recommendation, as well as the broader set of topics that must be addressed to ensure that multimedia retrieval technologies are of practical use in real-world use cases. Special emphasis is placed on topics related to large-scale indexing, mixed reality user interaction, exploiting diverse and multimodal data, and domain-specific challenges.